Like FM 100 THE FAN on Facebook to stay updated with the latest sports news and original content!
NEW ORLEANS (AP) — With a team flag waving from an open window of their chartered plane, the San Francisco 49ers arrived at their first Super Bowl in 18 years on Sunday.
The players walked off the airplane in a businesslike manner – no video recorders or cameras, no waves to onlookers. Quarterback Colin Kaepernick, wearing a red wool cap sporting “49ers” on it, mouthed the words to a song on his head phones as he calmly walked on the tarmac.
Most of the team’s veteran players disembarked first, including center Jonathan Goodwin, who won a Super Bowl three years ago with the Saints.
The 49ers will play Baltimore next Sunday, seeking their sixth Super Bowl crown but first since the 1994 season. The Ravens arrive Monday.
- Throwback Thursday: Pete Rose’s Collision with Ray Fosse
- Poll Question of the day: Will MLB allow Pete Rose to participate in it’s All-Star Game in Cincinnati in 2015?
- It’s Official: Bud Selig announces 2015 All-Star Game coming to Cincinnati!
- In Case You Missed It: Kentucky’s Nerlens Noel Nasty Dunk [VIDEO]
- Rick’s Hump Day Humor: 10 Ways to Destroy a Snowman [VIDEO]