Like FM 100 THE FAN on Facebook to stay updated with the latest sports news and original content!
WASHINGTON (AP) — John Wall says he’s tired of wearing suits and is ready to put on a jersey — perhaps as soon as this weekend.
The Washington Wizards guard said Wednesday he’ll be ready to make his season debut Saturday against the Atlanta Hawks if he can get through the next couple of days of practice pain-free.
Wall looked in good form at Wednesday’s practice. During a scrimmage, he stripped a player, raced down the right sideline and went high with his left hand for a dunk.
The former No. 1 overall draft pick out of Kentucky has been recovering from a stress injury to his left knee cap, diagnosed in September.
Coach Randy Wittman says doctors need to give the final clearance before Wall can play.
- Rob Ryan fired as Dallas DC, Gives quote of the night
- Could SEC Fill Playoff Spots?
- Doping Up? What Lance Armstrong, And The USADA, Might Gain From A Confession
- The Dirtiest Players In Sports History [PHOTOS]
- Carmelo Anthony & Kevin Garnett Fight On The Court, Take It Outside To The Locker Room [VIDEO]